Help me study for my Anatomy class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
answers for these questions
Nervous System I—The Neuron: Generation of an Action Potential
- Where is the action potential initially generated?
- What happens to voltage-gated sodium channels at threshold?
- What happens if there is a weak stimulus at the initial segment, and threshold is not reached?
- What are the names of the two gates on the voltage-gated sodium channels?
- What happens to the membrane potential during the repolarization phase of the action potential, and what causes this change?
5.Just after the peak of the depolarization phase, what happens to the activation and inactivation gates of voltage-gated sodium channels?
7.At the end of the action potential’s depolarization phase, the membrane potential is about ____________ mV.
8.The depolarization phase of the action potential is primarily due to a change in membrane permeability to ____________.
9.If the membrane reaches the trigger point, known as threshold, it will generate a(n) ____________.